Consider making a contribution:
Columbus Pride 2015 is ‘in the books’ as they say. The rain kept falling and the parade kept moving…a little rain was not going to stop Karla Rothan and her Stonewall Columbus army of volunteers. The rain did have a negative impact on the donations collected on the day of the event. Learn how you can make a difference and help offset the losses here.
2015 Howard T. Short and Burdette Augsburger Scholarships
Application deadline has now passed. The announcement for the awards will be on Sunday, June. 21st at The Pride Brunch, sponsored by Stonewall Columbus.
Legacy Announces the 2014 Legacy Fund Honorees – Chris Cozad and Gloria McCauley
Chris Cozad and Gloria McCauley have shared their time, talent, energy, guidance, and leadership with a variety of organizations in their 32 years together. The first stepped into activism in the early 80’s during the first days of the AIDS epidemic.
For the past 18 years, the primary focus of their work has been with the Buckeye Region Anti-Violence Organization (BRAVO), which the pair founded in 1996. BRAVO serves the entire State of Ohio and the mission is to eliminate violence perpetrated on the basis of sexual orientation and/or gender identity, domestic violence and sexual assault.
The Legacy Fund Honors event will take place on October 1, 2014 at the Columbus Foundation , 1234 E. Broad St., Columbus, OH 43205. The reception will begin at 5:30pm with a short program at 6:15pm.
Questions and requests for additional information can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here for Sponsorship information.
PLEASE NOTE: The sponsorship deadline for inclusion in the print invitation has been EXTENDED.
Legacy awards $30K in 2014 grants
- Alzheimer’s Disease & Related Disorders Association, Inc., Central Ohio Chapter , to provide matching funds to support services for LGBT families.
- Buckeye Region Anti Violence Organization, to support the “Building a Safer Ohio” programming
- Equality Ohio Education Fund , to support the creation of a Central Ohio Campus Organizing Fellowship position.
- Kaleidoscope Youth Center Inc. , to increase the fundraising capacity of the Center.
- Stonewall Columbus Inc. , to support a veterans support group and veterans awareness month
Legacy Awards $25K in Scholarships
The Grants Committee of the Legacy Fund of the Columbus Foundation is pleased to announce that the following 5 Central Ohio students will each receive $5,000 scholarships for the 2013-14 academic year from the Howard Short and Burdette Augsberger Scholarship Fund. The Legacy Fund is one of just a handful of permanent endowment funds in the United States which specifically addresses the needs of the Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual/Transgender (GLBT) Community. Since 2010 The Legacy Fund has awarded $68,000 in college scholarships.
Legacy Receives Gift from the Estate of Sue Greer
The Legacy Fund of the Columbus Foundation is honored to announce that it has received a gift of $98,093.26 from the estate of Sue Eckhart Greer who passed away on December 5, 2012. Founded in 2000 The Legacy Fund is one of just a handful of permanent charitable funds across the country which specifically addresses the needs of the Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual/Transgender (LGBT) Community. The fund’s main service area is Central Ohio (Franklin County and its contiguous counties), although it may support charitable organizations in Ohio and beyond. The Legacy Fund mission is the making of strategic investments for the well-being of the LGBT community by the awarding of grants and college scholarships.
About The Legacy Fund of The Columbus Foundation:
The Legacy Fund of The Columbus Foundation is one of just a handful of permanent funds across the country which specifically addresses the needs of the GLBT Community. Our main service area is Central Ohio (Franklin and its contiguous counties), although we are permitted to help charitable organizations in Ohio and beyond.
With the advice of trusted community leaders, The Legacy Fund:
- Makes strategic investments (grants) to help new and existing organizations become financially sustainable and achieve programmatic excellence;
- Provides technical support to develop strong community leadership and strengthen our institutions; and
- Ensures through permanent, planned gifts that our community can face any challenges—now and for generations to come.